Tuesday 29 November 2011

Greeting Card Post


The greeting card industry is all about writing generally universal feelings in a presentable way that you can use to express yourself when you just can't think of the words to say. Write a greeting card for someone in your community to help them express themselves about a new diagnosis, treatment, or experience.

Sometime not too long after Dylan's diagnosis I remember questioning myself and doubting whether or not I had it in me to manage his disease on a permanent basis. Don't get me wrong, I never considered NOT managing it, but at times I have certainly felt totally and utterly overwhelmed by diabetes. Times when I have wanted to give diabetes the finger and bury my head under my pillow. We've all been there at one time or another. But yet we dig deep, stand up tall, and discover that we are stronger than we ever thought possible.

So if I were to create a greeting card, I wouldn't need to write my own. There is a quote that I have returned to time and time again over the past 6 years; a quote that, quite honestly, sums up my feelings as a d-mom perfectly:


I couldn't have said it any better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment