Friday 25 November 2011

Never Have I Ever...


You stick to your guns - now tell us about what. What is something you've never done but want to? What's something you've never done and won't budge on?

Never have I ever...

Today's prompt asks two related, but very different, questions about things one has never done with their health condition. On one hand we have things one wants to do, and on the other hand, things one would never do.

The first half for me is a no brainer: we have never used a continuous glucose monitoring system (cgms) and I really want one! We are actually getting a new insulin pump, the Medtronic Paradigm VEO, on Monday. We're going to go with just the pump for December and then add the cgms in January. Can't wait!!

The second half of the prompt asks what have I never done and never would. In terms of diabetes? There are a few things. I have never listened to any of the crazy, ridiculous things that some people say about diabetes and its supposed "cures" and quick fixes (see post day 28 for more info). I've never let diabetes define Dylan or limit him in any way. I've never not advocated for diabetes, and I've never given up on a cure. Never will either.


No comments:

Post a Comment