Saturday 24 March 2012

Training Update March 24

With only 6 weeks until the BMO Vancouver Marathon, my half-marathon training is finally taking off! After an awesomely productive week this week, I may be ready for the race after all. Still taking it one day at a time, and I'll wait a couple more weeks before registering, but right now it's looking good!

So how did this week shape up? I ran Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and snowboarded Wednesday, Saturday. Tomorrow will be another run day, or perhaps a well earned rest day. With the addition of this new nutritional supplement I've been taking, I can run longer, harder, and faster, without worrying about hypoglycemia. I can't even begin to describe how terrific it feels to be able to just go out and run.

As for my triathlon training, it's nonexistent at this point. If I'm going to be ready for the May long weekend race, I need to start my swim and bike training in early April.

For now, I'll just keep running!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have done the half marathon too. Maybe next year : -)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm going to ask, what's the nutritional supplement that helps you to run faster farther and harder?!
    cuz girl, I could use some of that!

    way to go though! I say sign up for that race!! registering is the best motivation around. Doooo Eeeeeet!

    ReplyDelete