Sunday 15 April 2012

Writing With Style ~ HAWMC, Day 15


Halfway! Today's prompt: Writing with Style. What;s your writing style? Do words just flow your mind to your fingertips? Do you like handwriting first? Do you plan your posts? Title first or last? Where do you write best?


Hmm...I can't say I've ever really thought about where and how I write. For the most part, the words do just flow from my mind to my fingertips. In fact, I write like I talk, meaning that most of my posts are stream of consciousness type posts, documenting what I am thinking at any given time. 

I do have a few writing patterns. I never handwrite or print anything on paper beforehand; always electronically only. I have written a few posts on the blogger app on my iPhone, though the screen is so darn small, I find it too time consuming, not to mention frustrating. For the most part, I write from the desktop in my dining room at home. 

Titles and topics vary. Sometimes I start with the title, though commonly it's added midway or at the end of the post. As for topics, when I sit down to write, I usually know what direction the post will take. Most posts are spurned from something that has happened that day, or within the past few days. Occasionally I don't have an idea, in which case I just start typing and see what materializes, but that is rare; I have a ton of topics in mind and keep a running list of ideas in the notes of my iPhone, so whenever I'm lacking an idea, I grab one from there.

I would love to get an iPad and write from a more serene location, such as the beach or the park, but for now, desktop it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment